Parenting with Positive Discipline
6 Session ONLINE Interactive Parenting Course via Zoom
The following courses are NOW FULL:
- Thursdays 8-9:30 p.m. Pacific Time
September 24 – October 29, 2020
- Thursdays 4-5:30 p.m. Pacific Time
October 1 – November 5, 2020
ADDITIONAL COURSES WILL BE POSTED February of 2021
This course combines elements of all three parenting courses and is open to parents of children of all ages.
Topics covered include:
- How to avoid power struggles and invite cooperation
- Connection before correction
- Kind AND firm parenting
- How to focus on solutions without blame and shame
- Family meetings
- Natural and logical consequences
- Encouragement vs. praise
- How to teach children to self-regulate through positive time out
- Alternatives to punishment without being permissive
- Other problem-solving tools such as the wheel of choice
Explore 52 Positive Discipline tools that really work!
$100 USD (US Dollars) per person
* Note that these are highly discounted prices to support families during the Covid-19 pandemic. The in-person fee for this course is usually $225 USD per person.
**Please order Positive Discipline as an accompanying text for this course.**
* Make sure to select the EBook option before purchasing.
Please also order the Positive Discipline Tool Cards (can also be the pdf version) for use in the course.
Positive Discipline in the Classroom Workshop
Facilitated by Julie Iraninejad, M.Ed., Certified Positive Discipline Trainer
Saturdays, Oct 10, 17, and 24, 2020 via ZOOM from 9-3 p.m. Pacific each day with a 1 hour lunch break.
Workshop Description: This 15 hour interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. There will be approximately three hours of independent work in addition to the in class hours to complete certification. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students’ misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be certified as Positive Discipline Classroom Educators.
$375 early registration if registered and paid by 9/10/20; $425 regular registration.
3 or more registering together take $40 off the registration fee for each.
Registration includes the book Positive Discipline in the Classroom by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D, Lynn Lott, M.A., M.F.T., Stephen Glenn, Ph.D. and The Positive Discipline in the School and Classroom Guide with additional resources and activities, including social emotional learning lessons for students, teacher tool cards, and access to online videos.