Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Workshop
|Facilitated by:||Julie Iraninejad, M.Ed., Certified Positive Discipline Trainer|
|Start Date:||Saturday, February 6, 2021|
|End Date:||Sunday, February 7, 2021|
|Schedule:||9 am to 5 pm|
|Address:||San Diego, CA|
|Early Discount:||$375 (if received and paid by 01/06/2021)|
|Group Discount:||3 or more registering together, take $40 off each registration fee.|
This interactive training workshop is designed for parents, teachers, parent educators, caregivers, counselors, therapists, nurses and others who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging behaviors.
Positive Discipline focuses on discipline that teaches:
- Children feel a sense of connection, belonging and significance
- It is kind and firm at the same time and effective long-term
- It teaches important social and life skills and teaches children to use their power constructively and discover that they are capable.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive)
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families
Registration fee includes the book, “Positive Discipline” by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D, Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Facilitator Manual, one pack of Positive Discipline parenting tool cards, certification as a Positive Discipline Parent Educator (upon successful completion of course) and additional handouts.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be certified as Positive Discipline Parent Educators.